Thursday, February 24, 2011

Turkey Burgers w/ Cranberry and Spicy Mustard

Melissa's Notes: These are my most favorite turkey burgers. They are so yummy and healthy too! There is horseradish in the recipe, and I wouldn't leave it out, it really adds a subtle flavor that complements the cranberry sauce. For the kiddos, I just mix the turkey with the grill seasoning and make their patties before I add the horseradish. If you're a fan of cranberry sauce with turkey, try these!

recipe adapted from Rachael Ray Express Lane Meals

Turkey Burgers w/ Cranberry and Spicy Mustard

1 package ground turkey breast
2 rounded Tbsp. prepared horseradish
Sharp Cheddar cheese, sliced
1 rounded palmful grill seasoning (I use McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning)
EVOO
spicy brown mustard
hamburger buns
1 can cranberry sauce, whichever way you prefer, jellied or whole-berry
romaine lettuce leaves

Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.

In a medium bowl, mix together the meat, horseradish and grill seasoning. Form patties. Drizzle the EVOO in the skillet before putting the burgers in. Cook the burgers about 5-6 minutes each side. When you flip to the second side, top with cheddar cheese.

Top with spicy mustard, cranberry sauce, romaine leaves, and mayo (if you like). Serve with carrot sticks.

1 comment:

  1. I've never tried turkey burgers before. When it gets warm enough to grill outside I want to make them. I love cranberry sauce so they sound good.

    ReplyDelete