Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pineapple Salsa Chicken Tacos w/ Mango Salsa

Melissa's Notes: I had a bit of help coming up with this recipe from a Trader Joe's cookbook, it's so easy and delicious, my favorite combo! James raved about this, and I made quesadillas with the chicken for my kids, Annie's was gone before I even sat down to the table. I served it with corn on the cob...yum!

Pineapple Salsa Chicken:

chicken tenders
Pineapple salsa from Trader Joe's (or something similar)
flour or corn tortillas
mild cheddar or pepper jack cheese, grated

Heat oven to 375. Put chicken tenders in a baking dish and cover with salsa, you don't even need to defrost them! Cook about 30 minutes, or until cooked through. Warm tortillas. Cut up chicken and put in tortillas. Top with cheese, melt in microwave if needed. Top with mango salsa.

Mango and Avocado Salsa:

1 mango, peeled and cubed
1 avocado, cubed
juice of 1 lime
1 Tbsp. red onion, chopped finely
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt

Combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds really good and fresh. I need to print these off and get back into cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, how cute are you?!? I LOVE that I found your cooking blog and going to try everything you've posted! Such great ideas you have! Um, that just sounded like Yoda... maybe I've watched Star Wars a little too much lately... haha! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these last night and loved them. They were so easy to make. I am excited to eat the leftovers for lunch today.

    ReplyDelete