Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cornbread Muffins

Melissa's Notes: These are so good! I just finished off my fifth muffin (three yesterday, two today), yikes! My girls loved these too, Natalie wanted three last night at dinner. I made them with Corn Chowder, it was a great combination. They were also super easy to whip up, they use only one bowl, and if you use muffin cups, you don't even have to wash the pan!

recipe courtesy of Favorites cookbook

Ingredients

2/3 c. cornmeal
1 1/4 c. flour
1/3 c. sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1 c. milk

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the oil and milk and stir just until moistened. Spoon into muffin tins sprayed with Pam, or lined with muffin cups. Fill a little more than half full. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. If you want mini muffins, bake for 12-14 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I made these muffins last night and really liked them. They were very easy and good. I made some honey butter to go with them.

    ReplyDelete