Friday, September 17, 2010

Loaded French Bread Pizzas

Melissa's Notes: So I love this recipe because I'm a big fan of recipes that have a lot of veggies in them, but it doesn't seem like it, and it's still very satisfying to eat. I don't think my kids would really eat this, but it would be easy enough to just make a cheese french bread pizza for the kiddos along side the grown up version.

recipe adapted from Weight Watchers Magazine

Ingredients

2 Tbsp. olive oil
4 oz. mushrooms, sliced
1/4 c. onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped (I used yellow)
2 links sweet italian sausage, casings removed
1 cup marinara sauce (I used Prego)
1 loaf french bread (I used the skinny kind)
mozzarella cheese, shredded.

Preheat oven to 425. While oven is heating, add olive oil to skillet and heat to medium-high heat. Add in mushrooms, onions, and pepper and cook until veggies are soft, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle some salt on the veggies during this at some point. Add the italian sausage and brown, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon. Add in your marinara sauce and heat through. Cut your french bread into 4-6 "boats". Top with the sauce and shredded mozzarella. Bake in oven until cheese browns, about 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love french bread so I know I would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Liss! we're going to have this tonight!!

    ReplyDelete