Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sugar Cookies (with Lemon)



Melissa's notes: I made these as mini cookies for a baby shower. I halved the recipe and it made about 60 2" cookies. I made them with the lemon extract. I used a scoop to put the dough onto the cookie sheet, then took the bottom of a glass (a cookie press would work nicely too--if you're fancy like that), dipped it in granulated sugar and pressed the cookies down with it. I thought it would have been cute to add some yellow food coloring to the dough or dip the glass in colored sugar. These were super easy and very yummy, my girls loved them!

Cream:

2 c. shortening or 1 c. butter, 1 c. shortening
2 c. sugar
1 eggs

Add:

5 cups flour
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. milk
2 tsp. vanilla, or 1 tsp. vanilla and 1 tsp. almond or lemon extract

Bake at 350 for 7-9 min. Can make any size: 2", 4", 6"

No comments:

Post a Comment