Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer Tomato Basil Pasta


Melissa's Notes: This is a perfect summer dinner, especially if you grow your own tomatoes and basil. I don't grow my own tomatoes, but I bought a basil plant at Trader Joe's the other day, and was so excited to use it. I didn't use fresh mozzarella (just the block kind), but I thought it was fine, although fresh would be best, I'm sure.

Summer Tomato Basil Pasta

recipe courtesy Bobby Flay

Ingredients
4 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
4 cloves garlic, finely sliced (I used only 2 cloves, and minced them)
1/2 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (I left this out)
1/4 c. basil chiffonade
salt
1 pound pasta of your choice (I used angel hair), cooked al dente
1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, cubed

In a large serving bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, red pepper flakes and basil, season with salt. Add the pasta and mozzarella and stir to combine.

No comments:

Post a Comment