Friday, October 22, 2010

Pumpkin Bars w/ Cream Cheese Frosting

Melissa's Notes: These were so good that I don't think I can make them again because I end up eating way too many! But if you need to bring a dessert somewhere this Fall, and you can share them without bringing home too many leftovers, make these!! I didn't have nutmeg or cloves on hand, so I used allspice instead. If you like pumpkin desserts, you will love this.

recipe courtesy of Favorites

Pumpkin Bars

4 eggs
1 2/3 c. sugar
1 c. vegetable oil
1 (16-ounce) can pumpkin
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cloves

Beat eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin till light and fluffy (Once I added the pumpkin, it got super runny, so I would beat the eggs, sugar, and oil until light and fluffy, and then add the pumpkin). Stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, soda, and spices. Add to pumpkin mixture. Spread in greased 10x15 pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Cool.

Cream Cheese Frosting

6 oz. cream cheese
1 c. butter
2 tsp. vanilla
4 c. powdered sugar

Cream together cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Gradually add powdered sugar and mix until smooth and creamy.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so good. I was going to make pumpkin chocolate chip bread tonight, but I might need to try these instead.

    ReplyDelete